- Posted by Jessica Sharp
- On June 26, 2014
- 0 Comments
- multipurpose, woocommerce
Advice for Homeowners After Fire Damage
When a wildfire strikes a client’s home, we suggest they contact ServiceMaster Restore as soon as they are given the all-clear by the fire department to return home. You can help your policyholders minimize additional damage and costs by sharing the following advice with them :
- Do not attempt to wash any papered or flat painted walls without consulting a professional cleaner. Incorrect cleaning procedures could compound the soot residue problem.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture. Again, incorrect procedures could increase damage.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have been close to fire or water before having them checked. They could malfunction.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. A short circuit could result.
- Do not touch anything. Soot on your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing further damage.